Goshen Evangelical Church I was single for 25 years before I met and married my bride, Molly. That is a quarter of a century being defined by being alone. You would think that being or doing something for that long would make that existence somewhat comfortable. So why is it that when I was given a weekend alone, while Molly was at East Central Conference Women's Retreat, I had no idea what to do with myself? I felt utterly UNcomfortable. I played my guitar a little and caught up on a little reading, but at one point I found myself sitting and staring at a spot on the wall and realized I wasn't quite sure how long I had been staring. What had defined me for 25 years was no longer comfortable. I am now defined by what has been the norm for the past 10 months. One existing as one is not even close to as good as two existing as one. When Sunday morning of that weekend came, I knew I would be speaking alone at Goshen Evangelical Church. I had grown comfortable sharing togeth...
Comments
Post a Comment