In November of 2010, between our visits to Pequot Lakes and Pine River, we spent a week in Wadena, Minnesota and had a blast.
We had time to share with a couple of small group gatherings of people from the Wadena Evangelical Church. We played some Farkel (Farkle?) at Jack and Grace Trosen's house. Jack took us on a tour of the town to show us all that was rebuilt since the horrific tornadoes hit the area last year.
A lot of our time was spent with the Ellingson family.
Our visit is chronicled in the photo story below.
|Baby and current pictures of each of the 8 kids|
|"Art Class" with Bryan|
|Emily just being cute.|
|Gathering Eggs from the laying hens|
|"hammin it up"|
|Impromptu worship music jam session|
|Butchering a Chicken 101 with Professor Ellingson|
|THE GANG IS ALL HERE|
Some favorite memories from our week:
1. Sitting at the dinner table each night and asking which cow we were eatting. "I think that is King George the 4th". He was delicious.
2. Watching a movie with the girls and during a particularly intense part Emily ran over and jumped on Bryan's lap, snuggled in tight, and said, "I come to you during the scary parts." Talk about a heart melting moment...
3. Witnessing first hand what the phrase "running around like a chicken with it's head cut off" really means.
4. Theological discussions with Lee over dessert and a tall glass of Trosen Farms Milk.
5. Impromptu Worship Jam Session that could have only been made better had Ryan been home to add some violin.
The Ellingsons truly are "a family away from home".
We take pride in being Big brother Bryan and Big sister Molly.