I LEFT THE COUNTRY!!!




Molly and I attended the wedding of Devyn Lambrecht and Kristen Ackerman in Scotts Bluff, Nebraska on March 27th, 2010. Kristen is a college friend of Molly and Molly was the maid of honor. Following the joyous occasion we hopped in the trusty sky blue Hyundai Santa Fe and started the 7 hour trek back to Omaha. We arrived in Omaha around 3am on Sunday March 28, 2010. We got what sleep we could and woke up to make sure the final packing was done and the car was loaded.
Listed Below is our basic travel itinerary.
DEPART Omaha Airport @11 am March 28, 2010
ARRIVE Dallas/Fort Worth Airport @ 12:30 pm March 28, 2010
DEPART Dallas/Fort Worth Airport @ 2:15 pm March 28, 2010
ARRIVE Miami International Airport @ 5:45 pm March 28, 2010
DEPART Miami International Airport @ 11 pm March 28, 2010
ARRIVE Lapaz, Bolivia Airport @ 5:30 am March 29, 2010
Stay on plane while other passengers switch out and the plane is inspected.
DEPART Lapaz, Bolivia Airport @ 6:30 am March 29, 2010
ARRIVE Santa Cruz, Bolivia Airport @ 8:00 am March 29, 2010
(American Airlines the whole way)
Once we arrived in Santa Cruz we were directed into customs. This was a whole new experience for me. I stood ready with my Passport, Visa Application, and various other forms that we were instructed to fill out by American Airlines flight attendants, and of course my Yellow Fever vaccination. Obviously I was not making this trip alone. Molly Treiber, my fiance, was right along side as well as our friend and Missions Coordinator Jeremy Kochendorfer.
Much to Molly's surprise they actually asked to see our yellow fever vaccination forms. She said she has never been asked for that. We continued to walk through security where I showed my passport to a couple other people. Then went over to the desk for my visa application. $135 later and I am set with my visa for the next 5 years.
Praise the Lord all of our luggage arrived safely and nothing was broken. Molly had packed some items from a wedding shower that was held at her home church in Moville, Iowa. We are so grateful for all the many people that have blessed us.
Gordon Elliott was awaiting us with a big smile and a trusty Four Wheel Drive vehicle which I found is basically essential in Santa Cruz. Molly told me a little about the traffic, but I don't think words could compare. It will take some serious time with me behind the wheel to be comfortable in this city driving. It is exciting to say the least.
Gordon is a great chauffeur and got us safely back to the Elliott residence. We unpacked the vehicle and anxiously awaiting us was Niki Elliott (Gordon's wife) and her wonderful cinnamon rolls. We sat down to some breakfast and had a quick chat about the daily plan.
Niki went off to teach at the Missionary school and the rest of us, Gordon, Jeremy, Molly and I went to downtown Santa Cruz for some sight seeing and lunch. I ate my first salteƱa. Molly had explained them to me as similar to a pot-pie. The crust was very much like a pot pie, but it really resembles a hot pocket. The filling was delectable. There were surprising items like hard-boiled quail eggs and super potent olives with pits still in. Accompanying our meal was a delicious fruit beverage with peaches and milk called “durazno con leche”.
I look forward to many more wonderful meals here. I wish Travel Channel could contract me because we all know I am going to be seeking out some good guinea pig. Mmmmmm.
Following our sight seeing we returned to the Elliott's house for tacos and a friendly game of Settlers of Catan. I was prepared for some pretty cut throat play, but the missionaries kept the gloves on. I’m sure there will be many more games of Settlers to be played over the next couple weeks.
I will keep you all updated.
Love and Blessings,
Bryan

Comments

  1. Hi Bryan and Molly! Very happy to hear the flight went well and that you are enjoying your visit with Elliotts. Thanks for posting the blog :-) Praying for both of you. Dorothy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ON THE "FLIP" SIDE

Roadblocks (physical & spiritual)

DONUT CHEESEBURGER?!?!?