LAST WEEKEND...


Hello everyone. It’s me…Cecilia here again. How was your weekend? Our schedule was pretty full. Friday I got to see my “uncle” James Wolheter. He and his wife “auntie”  Jenny are fellow ECM missionaries. He always makes me smile and laugh, but not quite like his boys Coy, Cy, and Cade. They’re my best buddies. Uncle James was visiting to attend a special church celebration service with mom and dad on Friday night at the Lineage of God Church (Iglesia Linaje de Dios). I didn’t get to go to the service because it went way past my bed time. Mom, dad, and uncle James didn’t get back til almost one o’clock in the morning.  I stayed home with two of my new friends, Abigail and Isabella (their sister Sophia couldn’t come). They are our new neighbors. Their dad preaches and their mom leads worship at Trinity International Church (“The English Church”) here in Santa Cruz. Even though I couldn’t go, I heard all about the special service the next day.
"Uncle" James in his festive shirt for the service 

There were some dramas, special music, an award ceremony to honor past and current pastors of the Bolivian Evangelical Holiness Church (Iglesia Evangelica Boliviana de Santidad), a delicious supper of oven baked chicken (pollo al horno), and daddy even got to play electric guitar with the worship team. But don’t worry. I didn’t miss out on all the fun this past weekend.
Daddy with his musician buddies

On Sunday morning we got to attend a seminar hosted at the district lot. The speaker was Romualdo Atahuachi who came all the way from La Paz to teach about Discipleship. I was very attentive during the sessions, but I asked dad if he would take notes for me because, it is hard to grip a pen AND my toys at the same time. I have started to understand why mom and dad like going to these church events. They almost always serve food. On Sunday everyone enjoyed a heaping plate of Picante de Pollo (spicy Chicken, rice, and chuños…which are freeze dried potatoes that are boiled and sometimes put with a nice peanut sauce). 
FOCUSED...


After the seminar there was a meeting of the planning committee for the New Hope Tutoring Center. They were talking over details for the next fundraiser while I quietly enjoyed my oatmeal. A soccer (futbol) tournament is schedule on September 24 which is Santa Cruz day and also Gordon Elliott’s birthday. Wish we could celebrate with you “uncle” Gordy. We miss you.  I can’t wait to go watch our pastors and church people battle it out on the field in just a couple weeks.
After the meeting I thought we were heading back home and I started dozing off in my car seat. When I opened my eyes we were at my friend Amelia’s house for her first birthday party. It was so pretty and girly with pink lemonade, candies, and cake. Dad says I’ll enjoy the parties more when I can actually eat the stuff and not just look at it. He’s probably right, but I had a great time anyway.
Me with Amelia's big sister, Nora, and our good friend Erna
It seems like they wuv me just a little bit and I wuv them too

I hope your weekends are as fun as ours. It’s always something a little bit different down here and that’s how we like it.

Just a bit tuckered out from all the weekend festivities. 


Wuv you all,
Cecilia Joy Canny

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roadblocks (physical & spiritual)

ON THE "FLIP" SIDE

A third culture...